Our purpose is the economic empowerment of creators, fans, and community builders.
We’re a company that primarily writes code to serve this purpose. Our products are economic tools designed to empower creators and reward their communities.
Our current mission is to build the leading platform for anyone to mint, manage, buy, and sell NFTs that unlock community membership and benefits.
To help accelerate, we’re hiring seasoned full-stack engineers. The ideal candidate is excited to be on the founding engineering team of a well-funded startup using NFTs to economically empower creators, artists, community-builders, and brands. You love getting your hands dirty, learning cutting-edge new technologies, and the excitement that comes with building a new platform from the ground up. You have strong opinions about how to do that yet work collaboratively and are always open to new ideas.
- Building well architected microservice web applications on AWS. We use React, GraphQL, Node.js, and MongoDB as our core technologies. Experience writing Terraform for AWS is a plus.
- Writing Solidity smart contracts on the Polygon blockchain to enable the functionality of the core product
- Participating in code reviews and the interview process
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field. (Sorry, no bootcamp applicants yet)
- 5+ years of experience building full-stack consumer facing web applications
- Experience building microservice architectures on AWS
- Web3, dApp, and blockchain smart contract experience a major plus, but can be learned if necessary
- Proven ability to write clean, maintainable, well tested, secure code in a variety of languages and frameworks
- Strong database schema design skills
To apply, please send an email introducing yourself with your resume/CV and links to your Github, LinkedIn, and/or website to email@example.com.
Who We Are
Highlight is a global, remote, high-performing team looking for seasoned professionals who share our vision of bringing the promise of crypto/web3 to the mainstream.
We’re a digital-first team and our head office is on the Internet. More than just the freedom to work anywhere, our approach is about new ways to collaborate and build together.
We offer premium medical, dental, and vision insurance plans, including fertility coverage; a monthly web3 allowance; flexible work hours and vacation days; ongoing trips to exciting offsite destinations; monthly gym and wellness reimbursements; and a supportive, collaborative team.
We’re backed by leading investors, executives, technical experts and builders in consumer tech, crypto, and web3.
If you’re looking to advance your career as part of the next era of the Internet, and love making an impact with a passionate team of doers, come build with us.
What We’re Building
We’re an experienced team (ex-Square, DoorDash & Instagram) that is building a platform to power creator fan communities using NFTs that unlock membership, exclusive benefits, and rewards. Because NFTs are ownable digital assets, fans can be rewarded for their loyalty and fandom in an entirely new way.
Diversity & Inclusion
We’re an equal opportunity employer and we value a diverse team – people who identify as women, non-binary or gender non-conforming, LGBTQIA+, American Indian or Native Alaskan, Black or African American, Hispanic or Latinx, Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander, differently-abled, caretakers and parents, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status.
Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other exclusionary behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our company.
Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Highlight.